Do you have problem to find good food while you are on the trips? Here is some tips for you to know how to get good food while you are traveling.
Many people have same problem when they are traveling. Some of my friend said that they are so stress to find a place to eat at new pace. That is why i am writing this article to show you how to get good food while you are traveling.
GET GOOD FOOD WHILE YOU ARE TRAVELING
You are traveling to new country, new food, new people, new culture. Every thing is new make you hard to know how to get good food while you are traveling.
1. The Accessories
This one is good tip. It is good way when you want to know how to keep diet while you are traveling. A few travel-friendly accessories like reusable forks, plates, a small sharp knife, and cloth napkins will help as you eat the food you’ve brought with you.
Take your own reusable water bottle and coffee mug to use throughout your trip. This will eliminate the cost and waste of endless amounts of plastic water bottles and cups that can add up while traveling. If flying, you will need to empty your water bottle before going through security.
Don’t be shy about taking any other small conveniences that make you feel comfortable and happy. This includes supplements you might be taking like magnesium or probiotics, or bags of your favorite tea you like to drink in the morning. Especially when traveling frequently for work, it will help you get good food while you are traveling.
2. How to Eat Healthy While Traveling: The Arrival
Whether traveling in your own car or by taxi, plan to stop at the grocery store just before reaching your hotel or at some point shortly after you arrive to get items you weren’t able to bring. Sometimes to get good food while you are traveling, just by spend time to pick up large bottles of purified water that will last you throughout your trip.
Throughout your stay, use the airtight containers you brought to pack meals or snacks to take with you out each day. If you’ll be gone from the hotel all day (which most of us are) for work or to explore, you can take these containers in a shoulder bag like a purse or backpack along with your reusable water bottles, coffee container and utensils.
Whether traveling for vacation or work, experiencing new, local cuisine can be the highlight of any trip. If picking your own restaurants, search directly in Google, Yelp, or Trip Advisor for keywords like “grass-fed” or “gluten-free” along with “restaurant” and the name of city you’re visiting.
Luckily, you can get good food while you are traveling by follow a few key “tricks” of the trade:
- When you arrive at a restaurant, tell the waiter you are gluten-free (dairy-free, or whatever you are trying to avoid) and would appreciate their help in making substitutions. Most of the time, they’ll make immediate recommendations and let the chef know your sensitivity.
- When ordering salads, simply ask to sub the dressing for a side of olive oil (if you didn’t bring your own!) Ask them to hold any croutons or cheeses if you’re choosing to avoid gluten and processed dairy.
- You can order any burger dish by simply asking them to hold the bun or replace the bun with lettuce leaves, and leave any sauce on the side. If you’d like to avoid the items fried in vegetable oils, sub out the fries for other sides they offer like grilled vegetables.
- You can order any entrée dish that includes meats like steak, fish, or chicken, and ask for “double the veggies” as your side if it comes with other sides that are breaded or topped with cheese.
- If you’re trying to avoid vegetable oils, ask if there is an option to have your meat or vegetables cooked in butter instead of the typical canola oil.
4. Don’t worry, be happy
While all of these tips can help you eat well on long trips. The most important thing you can do throughout your trip is to not stress about food imperfection. In fact, one of the number one causes of digestive distress is stress. This means, you could get good food while you are traveling. But if you’re stressed, you’re not only impairing the breakdown and absorption of your food, you’re also suppressing your immune system and increasing your likelihood of experiencing a reaction to a gut pathogen or food toxin.
This is especially challenging for us “type As” as perfectionism and the all or nothing mentality typically reigns supreme. In the end, however, that mentality will only do more harm than good.
Got questions about how to get good food while you are traveling? Have some other insights? Share your experiences with Tridaf by your comment below!
Trang Vu – How to get good food while you are traveling